Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Mafia 11 Day 1

The workshop was empty. There were boxes and bins set out all over the place, but all of them were empty. The materials had not yet arrived. Trip, Gunsmith, thought he had a really great job. Hopefully he wouldn't die on night 1. His materials hadn't arrived yet! He hadn't gotten to craft any guns or mysteriously distribute them to people! Unfortunately for him, he wouldn't get the chance to. A tall stack of crates fell on his head. One of them, the top one, had a heavy piece of metal in it, which killed Trip instantly.

When the townspeople found him the next morning, it initially seemed like an accident. However, a closer inspection showed that the anvil did not come from Trip's workshop. It bore the symbol of the new mafia in town.

DAY ONE HAS BEGUN (I'm a fricken poet y'all).

PLAYERS REMAINING
2) Noelle (she/her)
3) Arc (he/him)
4) Raven (she/her)
5) Snow (they/them/she/her)
6) Jai (she/her)
7) Star (she/her)
8) Dug (she/her)
9) Alastair (he/him)
10) Elleni (she/her)


ROLES REMAINING
Mafia
Mafia
Mafia
Neutral
Town
Town
Town
Town
Town

The majority is 5, and y'all have until Saturday at 5pm Pacific time, unless the day is skipped or a player is voted out.

65 comments:

Star Inkbright said...

Aww mate why'd we have to lose the Gunsmith!!!!

Star Inkbright said...

Okay. So, eight players, majority of five. If we don't hang anyone today and a townie died tonight, we'll have seven plays tomorrow, and we'll have to rely on the neutral to push the vote through. It looks like a pretty desperate position, but if we hang wrongly today, we'll have already lost.


Please tell me someone has some investigative evidence to contribute.

Alastair Cruciatus said...

What a shame, that a smith should have died before so much as having a chance to create anything.

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Trip! D:

I got nothing :/
Hoping others will have more info

Adra said...

NOOOOOO Trip :'(((

Adra said...

I will avenge you bby~

Raves said...

Unlucky that mafia couldn't have taken out the neutral n1.

The gunsmith could have been an advantage to the mafia to though, like if mafia got a gun which on night two would be like 3/9 chance then they'd take out two townies in one night. And like we could always have another gunsmith I think.

Jai (Silente Tempest - St Of Sinners) said...

Okay
No hanging when we don't need to hang this time
That messed us up last time

Star Inkbright said...

If we don't hang today we totally need to hang tomorrow (assuming the mafia kill a townie), but we have a better chance of hitting the mafia if we hang tomorrow

Snow said...

Trip :c

Just letting y'all know that I might not be around for a bit, it's my birthday today and then I've got stuff all of tomorrow as well, but I'll check in whenever I get the chance

Alastair Cruciatus said...

I agree there is no sense in hanging without evidence, and it seems unlikely we will find any solid evidence today.

Adra said...

I agree too :( Unfortunately.

Arc said...

RIP Trip :(

Yeah, I agree.

Alastair Cruciatus said...

Alright, then. Castvote skip day
Is that still how this works?

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

Yeah that works. I prefer if you use bold so I definitely see it, but I will count anything that I see that is very clearly intended to be a vote.

(Also if you already voted without bold text, you don't need to redo it)

Adra said...

Castvote skip day

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Okay, everyone’s commented and no info, and so I agree skipping the day is good

castvote skip day

Jai (Silente Tempest - St Of Sinners) said...

El hasn't commented yet

Jai (Silente Tempest - St Of Sinners) said...

Has she?

Star Inkbright said...

No,she hasn't

Raves said...

Well, if we're not gettin any info then I guess I'm down for the skip day.

castvote Skip Day

Jai (Silente Tempest - St Of Sinners) said...

Wow, El might still have information. Wait for her to say something.

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Note to self, try to count when very tired

Should I revoke my vote until we hear from her? Last time all it took was Jai to hang a Mafia member

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

...I then forgot the “not” in my note to self
I miscounted last night because i couldn’t keep track of names xD

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

I’m gonna unvote skip day until we’ve heard from El

Star Inkbright said...

Yeah I don't wanna vote till she's been online

Like for all we know she could be the cop

Snow said...

El isn't the cop, I am.

And I investigated her last night. So. castvote Elleni

Snow said...

honestly, I wasn't going to say anything until I had maybe 2 people but then I realized I could like. die tonight. And even if I didn't, the mafia would still be one up on us, so. Eh. I'm just gonna hope the doctors nice to me.

Snow said...

(also voting for El is my way of saying she came back suspicious, just. fyi. in case that wasnt obvious.)

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

*is gonna wait to see reactions, but is hopeful that we could get rid of a Mafia member!*

Snow said...

I'm revealing my role now bc there are 3 mafia members and I've got a sneaking suspicion of who at least one of the others is, which means I can get rid of 2 mafia members in the same time the mafia can get rid of 2 townies.

Also, why would I say I was the cop if I wasn't? that?? just doesn't make sense.

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Understandable El :)

And good point
Again
More reactions needed
Don’t wanna lynch someone innocent

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Heyo!

Jai (Silente Tempest - St Of Sinners) said...

Okay, well, if we leave the neutral out of the maths
We could get away with not hanging anyone today

If we hang El and she's town then we'd assume Snow was bad and we'd need the neutral to side with us to win

No one has said they were roleblocked, so the Mafia probably have a framer, a lookout, or the complicated word that begins with c

Similarly town probably don't have a roleblocker either

Jai (Silente Tempest - St Of Sinners) said...

Unless they have a roleblocker and the roleblocker book the kill

Star Inkbright said...

Omg I just typed out my whole comment and it vanished

If we hang Elleni today and she's town, we know to hang Snow tomorrow, so it does make the path a little clearer. If we hang Elleni and she's town and they kill a mafia tonight, then tomorrow we have three town and three mafia but we can swing with the neutral so it's a little riskier but it can still work out.

If Snow IS lying, then it would be real nice if the actual cop could speak up right now

I might vote Elleni but I want to wait and see if there's more evidence first

Star Inkbright said...

^the mafia kill a town tonight

This is what comes of trying to rush

Adra said...

I’m not voting for Elleni. Even if Snow is the cop, I don’t trust her. “Why would I lie” is not a good reason to trust someone lmao. Also, mafia choose to lie about their roles all the time. I remember one round, if I remember correctly, a mafia claimed neutral, and they and the REAL neutral fought about it. Or something like that.

But hanging on day one is never a good idea, in my opinion. So what if one of the bad people gets away? I’d rather risk that than risk killing one of the good guys. Even if El does turn out to be mafia, it still is a random shot in the dark. Let’s not get too trigger-happy.

Adra said...

Which, by the way, Snow isn’t the excecutioner. I’m the neutral, not her. And in this game, I ‘m a survivor, so I would really like to not die ok thanks.

Adra said...

Also, what if one of the mafia has a framer, and Snow is just the mafioso again?
Playing Devil’s advocate here, but Snow played y’all like a fiddle last week, so just, let’s not get too stoked here.

Adra said...

And, even again if Snow IS truly the cop, if there is indeed a framer with the mafia, the plan might be to frame El, and have the townies all distrust the cop. Which woukd suck if the cop in turn got hanged.

I’m just saying that even if El is indeed mafia, and is honestly suspicious, I would rather risk that by waiting to hang on day 2 than accidentally kill someone good. Because the reason why you all lost last round was because you hanged Trip, a good guy.

Adra said...

Also, if the townies want to win this (again, I don’t care who wins as long as I‘m alive) then you have to be smart about it. Take the information that you have, and think of EVERY possible reason for why it might be the case. Then, decide for yourselves which of those explanations is the most likely to occur.

Ok, I think that’s all I have to say. Sorry for the many comments, I’m in the car with my mom and I’m telling her about it and she keeps giving me ideas :p

Adra said...

Do you want to be killed off??

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

Game is over when there is only one possible outcome. So if there are an equal number of mafia and towns but it is technically possible for the Town to win, either if the neutral sides with them or if there are roles that could kill members of the mafia and bring the numbers back, then the game will continue until that isn't possible anymore.

Star Inkbright said...

Of we don't hang today and mafia kill a town, we'll still be majority town tomorrow (four town be three mafia) so we're good to not hang anyone today

Noelle does make some good points

Star Inkbright said...

No wait

I miscounted

Omg

I'm doing physics at uni and I can't count

Snow said...

I get that you don't trust me, but I'd appreciate not dying tonight bc I'm pretty sure I know who another mafia member is, so if I can find you guys 2 before dying, then that's great.

I'm so use to playing like I'm suspicious I've forgotten how to play when I'm not.

Alastair Cruciatus said...

Is anyone going to counter Snow's claim to be the cop? I am inclined not to trust anyone, given the nature of this game, but the fact that no one has challenged it does make it more believable in my view.

Adra said...

I mean...
I’m just hesitant.
gah
fine

castvote Elleni

Arc said...

castvote Elleni

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Because of Alastair’s point I’m inclined to believe Snow as well
The only issue is if there is a framer and Snow is telling the truth but Elleni is innocent
We would be okay not voting, but this would be a very good opportunity

Alastair Cruciatus said...

I'm not completely convinced that Elleni is guilty, or that Snow is lying. Just adding more ideas into the mix, I suppose.

Jai (Silente Tempest - St Of Sinners) said...

"6 of the following, including 1 cop, 1 Doctor, 2 citizen"

We have a cop

Snow said...

yeah, we have a cop. it's me!

Raves said...

Also like, even if no one counter claims cop, there's still no guarantee right now that Snow is the cop.

For instance, Snow could be mafia, who claims cop. Someone else counter claims cop. No one else knows who the cop is but the mafia now the mafia has a really solid line to target.

So, whilst I do not put this move above the god that is Snow, I do also think it's super risky. So like, idk, I'd be leaning towards believing Snow.

But then again. even if I do believe Snow is the cop, there's no guarantee Elleni is guilty because of the role of a framer. The possibilty of this just from like math though is small, but still possible.

Also if we hang Elleni, and she's inno that doesn't necessarily mean Snow is guilty either bc of possibilty of framer so like if Elleni does hang and is inno, I don't know if we should jump to conclusion that SNow is guilty.

Star Inkbright said...

Oh shit yeah I forgot about the possibility of a framer

Yeah, like Raven said, even if Snow is innocent and telling the truth, Elleni could still be framed

Snow could investigate her again tonight just in case but that might be a waste of an investigation


I'm really not sure what to do here
Like there seem to be equally good reasons for both voting Elleni and not voting Elleni

Star Inkbright said...

I'll probably take till 5PM Pacific time to decide sorry guys

Star Inkbright said...

@Snow: You might want to consider telling us who you think the other mafia member is and why
I get why you'd rather keep quiet for now but if you're innocent and Elleni's guilty and you die then it would be nice to have your theories to work off :P

Snow said...

I. I would tell you. But.

I don't think it can actually count in game? let me check with fabi lmao.

Fabi S. - Fashion-Conscious Fire Wraith said...

SKIP DAY: 1 vote (Raven)
ELLENI: 3 votes (Snow, Noelle, Arc)

As there are nine players remaining, the majority is five. As of right now, no one is set to be eliminated. There are roughly 6 hours left in the day.

Star Inkbright said...

God I don't know whether to vote or not

Star Inkbright said...

Okay

castvote Elleni

Elleni if you're innocent I'm really sorry


But no one else has come out as cop so I think Snow is likely telling the truth
And I know Elleni could be framed
But chances of that are slim
(1/100 I believe. 1/10 chance of Snow investigating Elleni multiplied by the 1/10 chance if the framer framing Elleni)


Just need one more vote now

Star Inkbright said...

^1/63 chance of Elleni being framed, as there is a 1/7 chance of of the mafia framing Elleni and a 1/9 chance of snow investigating Elleni

Dear god my maths is awful

How I got into university I have no idea

Point is
It's still a slim chance

Snow said...

Checked with Fabi.

Basically, I'm suspicious of someone bc of something that probably isn't related to the game. I'll check tonight to see, but that combined with a bit of how they've been playing kinda makes me suspicious.

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

I believe Snow and really hope El hasn’t been framed

castvote Elleni