Friday, July 22, 2016

Round 4: EPILOGUE

Over the course of the next few days, Mevolent and her minions killed the remaining Sanctuary members. Some of them, like Junior Administrator Economical, put up a fight, but it was futile. Raven had the speed, Snow had the enthusiasm, and Adra had the manipulative authority to make sure no one escaped.

They kept the cleavers alive, for now, because they obeyed Adra's orders and because they were a blood supply for both Adra and Raven. However, they'd be picked off one or two at a time, which Adra was fine with. She liked killing her subordinates, even if it meant fewer people to boss around. That brought her back to the task at hand. Her scarf was getting dull.

She lurked in a corner near the cleaver's cafeteria and waited. That one wouldn't do, too skinny. Those three were walking together and it wouldn't do to kill one in front of the others.

She was interrupted by a call from behind her.

"Hey Mev, you got a moment?"

"Do not call me Mev, Snow."

"Sorry, boss. It's just-- Raven's killing a cleaver without your permission."

Adra frowned "She already had one today."

"She says she needs another so she can be near that blood scarf of yours without wanting to kill you." Snow shrugged, as if to indicate that she thought this was just an excuse.

"I see," Adra said thoughtfully. "Well, let me know if you catch her at it again."

"Yes, boss!" Snow nodded enthusiastically and then skipped into the cafeteria, humming an oddly cheerful-sounding version of 'Empty Chairs at Empty Tables.'

Adra frowned contemplatively and then caught and killed a cleaver. After her snack, she went into her office.

*******

The next morning, Adra entered her office. Snow and Raven were there for their usual briefing. They didn't notice that she'd activated the outer lock before entering. It could only be opened with a code word. For good measure, she'd also reprogrammed it to ignore all Australian accents. The door was just a precaution, though. If this went well, and Adra was certain it would, they wouldn't e en get to the door.

Adra moved behind her desk, and gestured to Snow and Raven to sit in the two other office chairs she'd brought in. They looked confused--usually these meetings were done while standing.

"My back is bothering me, so I am sitting, and I can't have you two towering over me. That would be unacceptable."

They both seemed to find this explanation satisfactory. They sat.

Adra sat as well, in the chair behind her desk. "We have a couple of problems that need addressing." 

"What sort of problems?" Raven asked. She didn't see any problems. Evil had prevailed, and there was still plenty of blood to go around.

"We're all running this place now, but I'm the one who did all the work. You're both just basking in my glory."

"I painted Star's house purple!" Snow protested.

"I helped!" Raven added.

Adra shook her head. "I did all of the manipulating and threatening. I did all of the killing. I really don't need either of you here."

*******

The ghost of Jai floated down the hallway. It was inconvenient being a ghost. You couldn't run, jog, or even speed walk. Every second felt like an hour. Every second could be a second too late.

*******

Snow realized what was going on a split second before Raven. She tried to get up and run, but a wire snaked out from the chair and caught her ankle, pulling her backward so she fell flat on her face.

Raven moved slightly later, but her vampire strength allowed her to break free of one wire. The second and the third were timed close together though, and she couldn't break through both. More wires went after Snow as well, and soon they were both sitting in their chairs again. There were no wires covering their eyes, noses, and mouths, but that was about it. They couldn't move, and they certainly couldn't escape.

"I'm really sorry," Adra said, her gleeful tone implying that she was not actually particularly sorry. "Raven, I feel like having pet vampire is a bit of a liability when you like to wear scarves dyed with blood. Also, you diminish my supply of cleavers. It's really not in my best interest to leave you alive."

"But--but-- I'm awesome! And, um, you're awesome! So we make a good team and stuff!"

"I don't need a team anymore. I need to be the last one standing. You're in my way. As for you, Snow, you were so willing to come to me and tell me stuff Raven probably didn't want me to know. If you're willing to betray the person who converted you, how do I know you won't betray me next?"

"I would never do that, boss!"

"You might be telling the truth. In fact, I think you probably are. However, I don't need to take the risk." Adra shrugged. "Any last words?"

"No!" said Raven. "Absolutely not! I am not done with words. I will come back as a ghost and I will have all of the words, and the mean ones will be directed at you!"

Adra sighed. "Suit yourself." She had ways of getting rid of ghosts. "What about you, Snow? Anything you'd like to say?"

"Yeah," said Snow. "I'm annoyed that I finally got to be evil but didn't get to kill anyone. I really wish you'd let me kill Sil."

Just at that moment, Jai's ghost floated through the door. She just had time to start wailing "Noooooooooo...!" in a very ghost-like manner, but she was too late to save her bandmate. 

Adra pulled a lever on the bottom of her desk and sharp metal spikes came out of all parts of both chairs. The wires unwound themselves, leaving the bloodied corpses in plain view.

"...oooooooooooooo...!" Jai continued to wail. Becoming a ghost had improved her wailing skills. She no longer needed to stop and breathe.

Adra enjoyed the sound of the scream. She pulled a pair of white gloves out of her purse and dipped one in Snow's blood, one in Raven's. She smiled and gave the code word to exit.

*******

Snow's ghost woke up to hear her band mate going "...oooooooooo....!" She climbed out of her body (it wasn't really useful now) and tried not to look at the blood.

"Hey Sil."

"Snow?!" Jai ran forward to embrace her bandmate.

"I'm sorry for not killing you."

"It's ok, I forgive you, you nerd."

Raven's ghost was not pleased that she wasn't included in the hug. She stalked off to either find and hug Taia or find and annoy Adra. She was cool with either.

*******

Adra was in the depths of the Sanctuary basement. After several hours of searching, she'd finally found it: the office of the Supreme Galactic Overlord. Killing Fabi would be the blood icing on the death cake.

Adra knocked. "Fabi? I have a question about the rules."

There was no answer. Adra pushed open the door. Fabi's office was full of purple things and glitter. There was also a perch for Henry, the telepathic ninja owl, but he did not seem to be present now. In fact, neither was Fabi. There was a note on the desk.

Gone Fishing.
(Jk, I actually don't really like seafood. Can't tell you where I really am, though. Top secret Supreme Galactic Overlord business. Peace out!)

Adra scowled. "Soon," she thought to herself.

41 comments:

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

AWESOME

Silente Tempest (Jai) - St Of Sinners said...

I tried to save you at least nerd. You really should know better than to trust your fellow Mafia members when half of the reason you were converted was as a potential pawn. *pats snow head* some Mafia are family base, some are business based. Watch your back in the business ones.

Raven Astracae said...

"But--but-- I'm awesome! And, um, you're awesome! So we make a good team and stuff!"
I don't know how you did it, but this specifically is the most accurate representation of me in debating I have ever seen.

Also, I should be feeling at least a little betrayed but honestly, I am a liability, I very approve of Adra's decision. Like, I'm looking back and I'm like yep, I can see that, I feel you. Good decision.

To be honest, if anything, I'm proud of Adra's decision, know when to let them go. Good job.

See you in hell though.

Raven Astracae said...

Also, Snow, snitches get stitches. After all that, all that I've never done for you, you'd rat a mate out. Your fellow Australian. Wow. Low blow.

Raven Astracae said...

(Also, joking, please don't be offended, love you Snow.)

One Day More To Revolution said...

Who are you calling a nerd? I'll have you know that I can't be a nerd because I'm not a straight A student! I only get B's in english! (lmao who am I kidding, we're all nerds here)

Raven, I've never been a really fan of vampires. sorry.

Stay tuned for the next exciting installment of Mafia, where Snow takes over as supreme galactic commander for a while.

Silente Tempest (Jai) - St Of Sinners said...

*rolls eyes* Nerd. Welcome to death.

BEETHOVEN said...

Fabi:
@Dug Part of me wants to be all THANK YOU about it, but this thing was Noelle's idea, so I can't take credit for a lot of it

@Raven (That line is one of the things I can take credit for) I'm really glad you like it! I try to be as accurate as possible.

@Snow Hey bro, that's my title. Get your own. You can borrow Henry if you want though. He's cool w/ that.

Dugglyn Carzainia said...

Both the writing and the idea are awesome so I'd say credit goes to both of you, Noelle for the idea and Fabi for the writing.

One Day More To Revolution said...

fine, fine, I suppose I'll have to settle for being called the Ultimate Cosmic Dictator.

Star Inkbright said...

XD Awesome epilogue!!!

Yes
Snow is the Ultimate Cosmic Dictator :)

Silente Tempest (Jai) - St Of Sinners said...

xD

Fabi the Supreme Galactic Overlord
Snow the Ultimate Cosmic Dictator
Do I have to come up with an awesome name for when I host?

Silente Tempest (Jai) - St Of Sinners said...

Superior Existential Autocrat?

Silente Tempest (Jai) - St Of Sinners said...

*googles difference between autocrat and dictator*
*an autocrat is a nice dictator apparently*

Star Inkbright said...

XD
I can imagine that
You are the nice dictator, whereas Snow appears nice but is actually pure evil

One Day More To Revolution said...

thanks for the vote of confidence

Silente Tempest (Jai) - St Of Sinners said...

That sounds about right xD

Snow, we need a coin xD one with you looking evil and one with me looking innocent and nice xD Even though I always appear suspicious and she always appears innocent and kind.

BEETHOVEN said...

DEFINITELY NOT BEETHOVEN

<3 you all

Silente Tempest (Jai) - St Of Sinners said...

Love you too Fabi!

Also don't worry Beety! We all know you secretly love us xD

Adra Cruciatus said...

This was the plan from the beginning...
I almost killed Raven instead of Star, but.. Nah, this is much nicer.

Fabi said...

Yeah, I think killing Star was the better option. Killing Raven could have ended up going badly, but this had a 100% chance of success.

Adra Cruciatus said...

True
But in the alternate scenario, I had full faith in my manipulative abilities...

argeturanpartisi@gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adra Cruciatus said...

Stop

Silente Tempest (Jai) - St Of Sinners said...

? What happened there?

Star Inkbright said...

Idk, I always suspect Snow just becaise I'm so in awe of her lying capabilities. XD

Well,I'm glad you enjoyed my death. :P

Silente Tempest (Jai) - St Of Sinners said...

It's somewhat alarming how often Fabi has to worry about being overthrown xD
There was Raven and Taia last round
Then Snow and me too
Now Noelle

Silente Tempest (Jai) - St Of Sinners said...

She's gonna end up with a small army against her. Wonder how that would play out. One Supreme Galactic Overlord vs one Ultimate Cosmic Dictator, one Superior Existential Autocrat, one somewhat crazed killer determined to be the last one standing, one murderous scary bird (:P) and one good bear gone bad. And maybe more if the others join xD

Fabi said...

Honestly I'll be good

The point of taking this vacation was to let the people who want to be in charge pick each other off so I can come back and take my rightful place

You're underestimating me a lot if you think I could ever actually be overthrown

Watch your back, Jai

Fabi said...

And I mean that in a totally loving way <3

Silente Tempest (Jai) - St Of Sinners said...

"Watch your back, in a completely loving way" xDDD

You underestimate the revolution Fabi.
A revolution that will likely devour itself whole due to the sheer amount of power hungry participants (jk) but a revolution stronger than one person alone!

Fabi said...

I mean, I could be an evil Supreme Galactic Overlord and just not warn you, but I figured I'd be merciful.

Star Inkbright said...

Um. Well I'll just sit here and follow the resulting leader. XD

Silente Tempest (Jai) - St Of Sinners said...

Well in that case thank you for the warning Fabz. I'll watch my back. You watch you're. After all, the revolution is coming :P

Fabi said...

I need to write a parody version of "You'll be back" from Hamilton now

Silente Tempest (Jai) - St Of Sinners said...

**yours.. Oh that hurts.. Why did I put you're.. Why..

Silente Tempest (Jai) - St Of Sinners said...

Okay?

Adra Cruciatus said...

If you stand for nothing, Burr, what'll you all for?

Fabi said...

Ooh who are you? (who are you? Who are you?)
Ooh who is this kid, what's (s)he gonna do?

One Day More To Revolution said...

I'm far more powerful than you. Vive la révolution.

Also, I'll be posting sign-ups for the next round in a few days. :)

Adra Cruciatus said...

cabinet battle #3 gives me life